As I wrote last November, we were looking for our first social media intern. Luckily, we found a great candidate, a student soon to graduate from Guelph Humber’s Media Studies program. Good luck, Olivia — hope you learned lots!
Our experience was so good, we’re now looking for another intern, one who would begin work for our award-winning eBAM department from early May until August, 2013.
If you know someone, please forward this post to them — it contains all the information they need.
Please direct comments or enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start building your future with BAM’s Internship Program
We are a dynamic, hands-on marketing and advertising agency with a focus on the new homes industry. Our knowledge and experience allow us to integrate our turnkey approach with clients’ current and future objectives, executing every aspect of their marketing, from initial strategy development to completion.
eBAM, our in-house digital marketing department, leads our clients’ online efforts, encompassing everything from Google Ads to Facebook pages, blogs and Twitter accounts. This is where you will work.
- Solid copywriting / writing skills and strong written online communications skills
- Personal and professional passion for social media and marketing is a must. In other words, you have top-notch social skills and a strong awareness of utilizing multiple channels (ideally also those outside of Twitter and Facebook)
- Education in marketing, communications, business, journalism or similar
- Able to work with our team to do creative and quality work while meeting deadlines
- A strong desire to learn, grow and be part of a great team of digital marketers
- Willing to take an idea and run with it without micro-managing
Compensation & School Credit
This is an unpaid internship position that lasts 4 months (May 2013 – August 2013, with the possibility of an extension). BAM is pleased to support internships as credit for completion of post-secondary education. Candidates for internship where school credit is needed must make their own arrangements regarding requirements for credit known at time of application.
Why You Should Do Your Internship With eBAM
- Great work environment — fast-paced, yet fun, this is real-world advertising/marketing at its best
- Real learning opportunity – work directly with experts and decision makers
- TTC Monthly Metropass
- Walking distance from subway and next to 401 highway
- BAM team lunch 1x week
- Great coffee machine + free candies + free pop
- A cash reward proportional to your great (or super great) work!
Intern Tasks & Activities
- Support the tactical execution of client Social Media programs and campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Foursquare, etc.)
- Copywriting for Social Media, Blogging, etc
- Search Engine Marketing (SEO) activities
- Social Media Monitoring
- Social Media Advocacy and PR
- Participate in brainstorm activities
- Ongoing research and competitive analysis
- Daily time tracking
- Other related duties as required
- Learn while having a good time is a must ;-)
Ready to Apply?
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com, including:
- Your cover letter and résumé
- Links to your anything online that you find relevant to this position, such as work samples, social media profiles, websites, blog, etc.
- We appreciate the time you have taken to apply. In the interest of saving time, we can only contact those candidates who qualify for an interview.
- As part of the selection process, we may ask that you take a writing skills test following your interview at BAM.